If you have stored hundreds and thousands of photos on your iPhone, then now it’s time to empty your storage space. Because not all the photos are important, some are just the copy of others.
Sometimes, you need to delete all the photos as you might have either backed them up on your PC, or they are not required at all. Today we are going to learn how to delete all photos from iPhone in just one swipe.
You save all your best memories of your life in the form of beautiful photographs. iPhone has the best quality camera to click photos. But at times, you need your phone for many other purposes.
In that case, you just need to delete all the pics and save the storage for other important files. In other smartphones, you can use SD card to store photos, but unfortunately, iPhone doesn’t have this feature.
You either have to store your camera roll on your PC or delete all the pics. There are many people who use iPhone without knowing how to Bulk Remove Many Photos on iPhone. Deleting photos from iPhone is quite simple; you will know how to delete all photos on iPhone if you read through this article.
In previous versions of iPhone iOS 8 and below, you had to select photos one by one and then delete them. But operating system 9 has an added feature of removing the entire picture in a single swipe.
This task has become more easy and quick with the improved version of iOS 9. Before, going ahead do remember to save all your pics on your Mac or PC with the help of USB cable.
On your Mac, you can take help of the application “Image Capture”. It will display all of the snaps on your device’s camera roll. You can use Image Capture to ingress the shots to your PC or delete numerous pictures all at one time.
On your Windows PC, you have to connect your iPhone with the help of USB. Follow the step given below:
- After connecting you iPhone with cable, you will see a pop-up window by the name of your device. This window will have various options like Import photos, download images, open the device to new files and Zip from Camera. You have to choice “Open device to view files.”
- Choose the DCIM file and select all the pictures from that folder and erase by clicking on Delete from the drop-down index.
- It will erase all your photos with just one click, and your iPhone will have empty storage for other important files.
How to delete photo albums from iPhone?
The above method explained how to remove photos from your iPhone through your PC. But at times when you need free space immediately on your iPhone and do not have time to erase images through your PC.
At this time you can follow an easy, quick and safe way to remove all the photos altogether from your iPhone itself. You just have to follow the easy steps explained below:
- Go to your home screen and tap on the Photo App image. It will open your Albums which will have all your clicked images.
- Click on the “Edit” key at the upper right side of the screen. All the albums to be deleted will then have a small Red Delete sign related to them.
- Click on the red Delete sign of the photo album you want to scrap. At that time click on the big Delete button to the right side of the album.
- A pop warning will appear on the screen to approve you really want to delete this album. Click the “Delete Album.”
You must take care of the fact that only the selected album or albums will get erased. But remember that photos will still be there in your camera roll till you don’t erase them from there.
How to Delete All Photos from iPhone in One swipe
How to delete multiple photos on iPhone?
- Launch the Photos app by clicking the Photos sign on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Choose an album to be deleted. Click on the Camera Roll from the Albums index. You have to tap for deleting each image in each album.
- Click on the “Select” option.
- Select every single photo in your Camera Roll until they are all selected, click on the Delete key.
- Click on the “Delete Selected Photos” button to get clear them from your iPhone permanently.
If you want to delete all photos from iPhone albums and iCloud Photo Stream, use the above procedure as it is very easy and quick. If you make use iCloud’s Photo Stream, you can scrap photos in your iPhone. There is an alternate way to select multiple images on your phone and just one click and quickly remove them. Let’s see how it is done.
- Open the Photo app again on home screen
- Click on the Photos icon at the bottom of your iPhone.
- The next step is not that easy to understand, but if you have your iPhone near you, then it is easy to delete many photos altogether.
After tapping the Photo go to Years > Collections > Moments. You need to follow a sure pattern for this. Go to Moments>Years. It will take you to the particular years photos “Collection” and then you head to Moments.
- After you go to Moments scene, tap on Select button at the top most corner of iPhone.
- Tapping on the Select button of an exact Moment chooses all the photographs in this Moment.The Moment can just get discarded by clicking on the “Deselect” key.
- Later picking as many Moments as you need, tap on the Trash sign shown at the bottom right of the iPhone screen. The entire list of photo selected by you will be erased.
I think it is now it is clear on how to remove bulk photos from your iPhone (delete all photos) easily and safely. It is always recommended that you have a backup created on your PC before you delete the images.